13 May 2010

Feeling nauseous and sick since last night

Last night, I decided to give my legs a good massage, which I did for about 20 minutes. I did this to try to stimulate circulation in my legs, increase toxin release through the lymphatic system, reduce fluid retention and just warm up my lower extremities as it is rather cold here.

I massaged each leg vigorously with the chopping hand movement, pinching the skin (not hard, but enough) and rubbing each leg up towards the heart.  I did each leg separately and then both legs together.

By the time I was five minutes into it, I started getting really hot and had to turn off the heater and take off a few layers of clothes (I was dressed in long sleeved tops with a tank top underneath), so obviously I was stimulating my circulation really well.

When I finished it, I felt almost exhilarated and very warm all over. My legs felt so light when I finished that when I went for a walk out of my room and into the kitchen, it almost felt like I was walking on air, as if my padding was cushioned when I walked.

About two hours later though, when I went to bed, I started to feel extremely nauseous, my head started hurting, I felt very light-headed and dizzy. In fact, I felt very "off" physically.

While I was trying to sleep, I felt like I was hallucinating, because while I was falling asleep and dreaming, I was actually moderately awake, so I was aware of the dream-like sequences going on in my head, but because I was almost awake, it felt like I was just imagining these things myself, thinking I was actually awake and wondering why I was imagining and seeing all these totally unrelated and bizarre things in my head, so it really felt strange. This went on for a little while and when I realised what was happening, it allowed me to relax and just go with it, which enabled me to finally lose consciousness and properly fall asleep. I am not sure how long, as I don't use a digital clock in my bedroom, but eventually I fell asleep.

When I awoke this morning, I still felt very nauseous, light-headed and dizzy, but at least the headache was not present. I tried on my trousers, which felt looser than normal, so obviously the massage did help to stimulate my lymphatic system to remove any excess fluid in and around my cells.

I also think the vigorous massage must have worked so well and stimulated my lymphatic and circulatory systems so well, that all the toxins in my cells must have been released all at once into my bloodstream and that release is what has been causing me to feel unwell. I did have a glass of water last night and that made me feel a little less nauseous, so I just need to keep drinking more water to flush out the toxins out of my system.

No comments:

Post a Comment