31 January 2010

The assault in Aug 09

In mid August, my brother assaulted me and my parents lied to the police to protect him, so that he wouldn't go to jail.

We were in the kitchen/family room (my mother, brother, me and my step-father) and I told my mother that I couldn't handle the perfume my brother insists on wearing, it makes me ill (I am allergic to everything and get sick with sinus and asthma symptoms if I am near anyone with strong perfumes, but these people cant seem to comprehend this).

I told my brother Lay-Z boy that he doesn't need to come into the kitchen when I am cooking something especially just after he has been smoking as the cigarettes make me feel very sick, physically. He responded in his usual abhorrent irresponsible manner "who cares what you think or want, go fuck yourself".

He poured himself a glass of milk and at this point I am getting itchy all over my face, nose, neck and cant breathe properly totally frustrated with their attitudes (him being the narcissist, my parents apathetic), so I just pushed his glass across the bench and it fell over the bench and onto the floor.

Then, my brother grabbed my by the lapel of my top and pushed me against the pantry cupboard - smacked my head and shoulders against it - and started telling me that he was going to "fucking kill" me. He has this really mental look in his eyes and was holding me there and I couldn't get out of his hold. I told him to let me go and leave me alone, I started to push against his hand to try to get him off me, but I was in a totally vulnerable position, pinned against the pantry cupboard. He is 6 foot tall, with some muscles and how am I, a 165cm female going to fight against that?  Impossible.

Then a few seconds later, he put his hands at my throat and started to again tell me he was going to "fucking kill" me! I was so scared for my life, I thought that that was it, he was going to strangle and kill me.

Meanwhile, my mother is next to him, trying to pull him off me, unsuccessfully and my step-father is watching from the other side of the breakfast bar, like he was watching an interesting show on TV!

I called the police. They came and a few interviewed my parents and brother who lied to the police. The police officer I got was so sympathetic and believed me when I told him exactly what happened, but there was nothing they could do as my family lied to protect my brother.  What a betrayal??  The police officer told me how he thought they seemed so blase and complacent about the whole ordeal, that it seemed like it was nothing to them.  Thank goodness I got such a decent, compassionate police officer.

I just cannot believe my own mother would lie to protect her son and betray her own daughter.  What a mother! But then again, what else should I expect from people who have abused me all my life?  I was stupid to think she would be honest.

I left their house to go up north the very next day because I didn't feel safe there.

No comments:

Post a Comment