07 May 2010

LayZ boy cant articulate his thoughts in a cohesive manner

While I was cooking dinner yesterday, LayZ boy kept coming into the kitchen in his manic way, stomping on the floor as he walked, to make sure I heard him coming and then pretending to need water with ice in it (even though it's almost winter and it's cold enough to need heating), opening and closing the pantry and the fridge, but not taking anything out. He even went for a cigarette and came straight into the kitchen (because he knew I was there), just to provide me with the smell of his cigarette filled self to antagonise me, because he knows even just being around someone who has just had a cigarette I sneeze and cough, because the cigarette smell lingers around them for ages and besides which, he's been told not to come straight inside after having a cigarette because of the cigarette smoke trail it makes wherever he walks. But of course, he did that on purpose to antagonise me, because I wasn't paying him any attention.

LayZ boy used to do all sort of things to try to get my attention when we were children and living in the same house because he couldn't handle being by himself and wanted my attention so that I would play with him. He still behaves the same way today. A 40 year old man that still behaves like a five year old child.

I think he was trying extra hard to get my attention because he brought home and placed on the lounge room coffee table, two free weekly city community magazines that have crossword puzzles and sudoku puzzles that I always do when I grab them from different venues around town. LayZ boy put them there because he hadn't seem me with them this week and for some reason, wanted to provide them for me. Maybe the argument our mother had with her sister affected him on some level? But because he can't communicate, he can't actually articulate to me that he brought them for me and then he got pissed off because I treated him the same way I always treat him - I ignore him and his antics.

When will LayZ boy learn some communication skills?  When will he ever be a normal, mentally well human being?  Yeah I guess, never!

No comments:

Post a Comment