04 May 2010

Calling my father out on his inappropriate behaviour

The other day, I was eating some food at the breakfast bar, standing up at the breakfast and watching television at the same time.

My step-father kept walking past getting some things from the kitchen in order to make his meat at the barbeque and every time he walked past me, he kept brushing his hand on the side of my thigh, near my bum.

When it happened the first time, while it did make me feel uncomfortable, I excused it because I thought maybe he did it accidentally. And plus I didn't really want to think that he did it on purpose.

When it happened the second time, it made me increasingly uncomfortable because it did not seem like an accidental touch.

When it happened for the third time, it really made me upset because he was doing it on purpose!

What kind of a sick man is he?  What kind of step-father tries to feel up his own step-child, who is 30 years his junior! I am no Soon-Yi Previn, Woody Allen's adopted daughter, who he went on to marry! That is sick to me.

It upset me so much that I told him, quite assertively and it was the first time I addressed this issue, as it has happened before many times.  I said: "You do not need to touch the side of my leg near my bum when you walk past me. You know I am here, so stop touching me. It's totally inappropriate."

Instead of addressing me, my step-father pretended to be looking for something, pretended to totally ignore what I just said to him and then he responded by asking me a question about where some utensil was. That was irritating to say the least!

But, when he walked past the next time, he did not touch me and I could see that he was taking precautions to not even walk that closely to me, so he did hear what I said, he just pretended that he didn't hear it as he did not want to acknowledge it, because really, what could he say? If he said anything, it would be acknowledgement that he was doing it on purpose and he wouldn't admit that he was being totally and utterly inappropriate.

I live with very mentally sick people.

No comments:

Post a Comment