16 February 2010

Violence and abuse again

While this title suggests that maybe this is the only time I have been subjected to my family's abuse since the last time I posted, it definitely isn't.  I am just highlighting today's events because I want to show how insane they are and how little I have in this family dynamic.

Earlier this evening I went out to the pergola to find the cat eating sausage meat (the insides).  My parents have skinned some sausages that they got in a pub draw and rather than wasting them, they want to give them to the cat.  What they don't seem to realise is that cats shouldn't be eating meat that is that fatty as their digestive system cant handle that much fat.  These sausages were over 50% fat.

The cat wasn't really eating the sausage, just kind of licking around it, as he didn't really like it (obviously), so I took him in my arms and was going to bring him inside to give him some proper meat (I have some organic beef I have bought for myself but I don't mind giving him some).

At this time, my step-father was also there and he ordered me to put the cat down and let him eat the food.  I told him I wouldn't that it wasn't any good for the cat to give him such high fat meat, as it was bad for his digestion and can make him sick.  My step-father told me I knew nothing, that I was an idiot and that they had been feeding him the sausage meat all week.  He again ordered me to put the cat down.  I told him if the cat actually liked the sausage, he would be scrambling out of my arms to get to the food (like he always does if he's given food he likes) and as he couldn't understand the cat didn't want the food and that it wasn't any good for him besides?  Of course not.

I tried to walk through the verandah, but my step-father pushed me out and locked the door so I couldn't come inside. Mind you, I was holding the cat so he couldn't assault me too much, just push me away on the side that I wasn't holding the cat.

I banged on the glass door for him to let me in, but he just kept on yelling at me.

Finally he unlocked the door and let me through the door and as I went through, he pushed/hit me on my back. I could have fallen.  I could have fallen on the cat and hurt it because he pushed me hard (I was still holding the cat, who was just sitting in my arms, purring like the good cat he is). What a bloody idiot my step-father is.  Just violent, aggressive and abusive.

My mother then comes through the hallway as she finally heard the noise to see what was happening.  She takes my step-father's (he has a right to hit or push me) and proceeds to tell me it is their cat and they can feed it whatever they want and that I know nothing about cats.

Always its negativity from them, always.  They just have no clue how to behave like normal people at all.

All this does is bring me down so much.  It's become a vicious circle. I feel down because of their negativity, abuse and intolerance, which in turn brings me down even further to the point where I have no energy or motivation and then that brings me even further down.  

Totally vicious circle...

No comments:

Post a Comment