19 February 2010

There's a mouse in the kitchen

Last night, long after my brother's manic episode, I went to the kitchen to get a glass of water and I saw something move near the kitchen faucet.  I looked again and a little mouse went scurrying across the kitchen bench, hiding near some kitchen utensils.  

I moved those utensils and it went scurrying away to the other side and out near the fireplace.

Thinking that maybe the cat could find and get rid of it, I went to my room, got the cat (which woke him up) and put him on the floor near the fireplace.  The cat just sat there and proceeded to lay down, like he was about to go to sleep!  He just wasn't interested in anything else but sleeping.  I picked the cat from the floor and put him near where the mouse was on the bench, thinking that if he could smell the mouse's scent, he would try to find it.  As soon as I put the cat down, he walked away from there.  He wanted to sleep and there was nothing I could do to make him find the mouse, so I took him back to my room and back to his sleeping spot on my bed, where he proceeded to purr loudly and made himself very comfortable before going to sleep again.

When my mother came home from her gambling (it must have been after 2am), I told her there was a mouse in the kitchen. She just dismissed what I said.

Later, she came to my room and told me that it was my fault that there was a mouse in the kitchen because I leave the landing door open and the mice can get in from downstairs!  There is a door to the landing/entry which also leads to her junk rooms downstairs as well as the garage.

Now what she said is totally ludicrous.  I am supposed to know there are mice downstairs?  And why would I even think for a moment that there are mice downstairs?  That is insane!  And how is it my fault anyway, when everyone opens that door for cross-flow ventilation.  Everyone (including her) opens that door for cross-flow air ventilation. Oh man, this family could not be more insane if they tried!  

All my mother knows how to do is complain and blame me for everything because she cannot take responsibility for her actions and she refuses to see reality (about her son and husband's violence and abuse towards me).  But then again, how can she, when she totally condones it and even inflames it on purpose to make it happen.  Lovely huh?  Grrrrrrr!!

No comments:

Post a Comment