26 July 2010

Another job interview last week

I had another job interview last week. Again in IT, which is my area of expertise.

The panel who were interviewing me seemed really nice and the interview went well. I answered all their questions quite well I thought and they were giving me positive reinforcement by telling me that I answered their next question while also answering the present question. So that is always a good sign.

They also said I had an "impressive resume" with great skills. That was nice feedback to receive.

It seemed to me that they thought I would be a great applicant, but may be a little over-qualified for the role and could be bored. It was not said out loud, but implied by the way they phrased a question to me.  I am not so sure I sold myself enough to dispel any concerns they had.

I don't know what is going on at the moment. I don't get too nervous prior to interviews. I talk really well when I am being interviewed and answer questions appropriately and yet I am deemed over-qualified. What to do?

They told me they would decide soon, so I guess I will hear about it some time this week, whether or not I got the job. I am not too hopeful.

2 comments:

  1. keep applying, and keep the spirits high. you'll land the right one soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) I actually did get the job!

    ReplyDelete