17 June 2010

Finally got in contact with the accommodation person

Yesterday, after first trying the woman in the agency who finds cheaper accommodation for people in dire need and getting her voicemail, I tried again in the afternoon and got through to her - she finally answered the phone. I was beginning to think she took the whole week off work until she answered!

She told me that she took an extra long weekend and had not yet caught up with everything since she only came back today (Monday was a public holiday and she also took Tuesday as another holiday).

She told me that she had not looked into my file and had not been able to look into my case yet, to see what can be done for me. She did remember me (I think), as I did remind her that I was the one she saw on Friday afternoon who showed her the video of my family. She did say she remembered that. I don't know how anyone could forget, it was so graphic and horrible.

She took my details again (client number and phone number) and promised me she would look into it tomorrow but not before 1pm, as she had meetings all morning and wouldn't be able to do anything until after that.

Gee these public sector employees are so slow in doing anything! And this woman is the team leader of the branch there, so if anyone can help, I hope that she can. But she does seem rather slow in her actions, not mentally slow, just slow to action. And I need quick action, quickly, to help me.

I need to get out of this violent situation here and this type of accommodation they can offer me is the only real choice I have right now, given that I am sick, I am stressed and I am down (emotionally and mentally). I really need to get out of this situation with my so-called family, urgently, so that I can find a safe harbour and heal my life. I need a place and space that is my own, that cant be taken away and which can be a base until I start getting better, get a job again and feel better about myself on all levels.

Please let this woman help me get accommodation quickly that is suitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment