22 February 2010

The smoking issue rises again

I was woken up this morning with my step-father screaming at my brother LayZ boy for stinking out the toilet (which is right next to my room and right next to my bed head).  

My step-father went off his head yelling at my brother to not come inside as soon as he has finished a cigarette because he stinks out the house with his cigarette smoke filled self (this is what I have been complaining about for a while now, so it's rich that my step-father thinks this is the first time LayZ boy has done this).

My mother immediately comes to my brother's defence telling my step-father that he cant help smoking, he cant just stop like that (as if that is true, plenty of people, including my step-father who smoked for over 30 years stopped smoking cold turkey).  

I heard my mother telling LayZ boy that he doesn't need to take medications to stop smoking, that he should just taper his smoking slowly and try it that way (yeah, like LayZ boy has that kind of discipline and will power).  

My mother defends my brother's smoking like it is his divine right to smoke and smoke wherever he wants to outside, irrespective of whether or not his cigarette smoke will be blown inside the house by the wind.  Of course, because that is demi-God LayZ boy's divine right and we must put up with him smoking. 

And if anyone contradicts this, my mother defends LayZ boy like he is the poor victim who shall not be told what to do, he shall do whatever he wants to do and he knows she will defend him.  This is good for LayZ boy, as he often smokes near my window (so the smoke can come inside my bedroom and irritate my nose/lungs and make me ill) or if he hears that I am in the chicken enclosure, he smokes right outside it, so I have no choice but to pass him and be imbued with the cigarette smoke. 

When I complain about this, LayZ boy lies about where he was (especially if no-one saw him, so it's his word against mine and he knows our mother will defend him and not believe me) or he will make up something about not realising I was there.  Of course our mother defends him, our step-father yells a bit, but because our mother rules this house, he has no recourse to make any type of stand and I am again the one who gets screwed and gets more sick.  Nice of them!

The thing is, my mother is such an unbelievable liar and hypocrite.  If the neighbours fireplace is smoking and smells at night so that she cannot open her window, she screams and yells, curses them for their selfishness and calls the appropriate government officials to complain the next day.  Yet, when her son smokes cigarettes and if that smoke comes inside the house, she tells me (and my step-father) to close the windows because LayZ boy has a right to smoke wherever and whenever he wants and we obviously have no right to fresh air or to complain about it.  And when I remind her of this hypocrisy, she tells me it's totally different.  Yeah sure it is, in her deluded mind only where her son is a demi-god that everyone needs to worship! 

I just cannot fathom the mentality of these people.  They are living in some deluded mental space that bears no semblance to reality.  Not one iota!

The fact that I am severely allergic to his cigarette smoke, to dust, to perfumes and many chemicals in personal care/cleaning products is irrelevant to my mother.  Not only that, but the fact that I have been sick of late makes no bearing on her.  All she cares about is her son and his comfort.  Everyone and everything else she places a very low last.  She cares nothing for me that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment