15 May 2010

The hypocrisy of this family is unbelievable

Yesterday, my mother had the audacity to tell me she "had" to use my computer because she needed to access the Internet to do some searches - she told me she had a number of searches she needed to do to find some items she was researching and that I needed to let her use it.

Yes that's right, she didn't ask, she told me that she had to use it, like I had no choice in the matter at all. Un-fucken-believable!

I told her I was busy right at that moment, so she again told me to let her know when the computer was free so she could use the Internet.

Of course I wasn't happy about this. She wont let me use her car, but expects to use my computer for hours to do some searches for some things she needs to find. What hypocrisy that is!

Earlier, when I asked her if I could use one of the cars to get to the post office to pay a bill, she told me that I had to pay for all of the registration costs before I would get the car. I told her that was not fair for me to pay for the whole of the registration costs when (a) it is not my car, not in my name and (b) I don't drive it every day and (c) I have to ask them when I can use it, because they have first right to it.

After a little while, I went to the kitchen, where she was washing dishes to confront her about this hypocrisy. I asked her how did it work for her to the use the Internet on my computer, when she wouldn't even let me use the car to make a trip to the local post office, which is only a few minutes drive away from their house.

Her answer: "It's different. The computer is nothing and the car costs money."

Oh. My. God. Her flagrant hypocrisy in unbelievable!

Everything is "different" when it comes to her. She has one set of rules for her and one set of rules for everyone else and then another set of rules for me!

I pay money for electricity and I pay money for Internet costs each month (which no-one else contributes any costs), so the computer is not free and it's not different. And besides which, if you ask someone permission to use their property, you are basically asking them to do you a favour. Now when you wont return the favour by refusing their request, how is that fair? That is not fair at all!

I told her that I wouldn't be giving her access to my computer and I would be taking the bus, which I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment